Saturday, May 22, 2010

Curses.

Liv is crrrrazy. I finally feel like we have a good sleep schedule down and then BAM...not so. The past few days she has decided that napping is not for her unless it's a 10-15 minute nurse-induced slumber. This wouldn't be so bad if last week she wasn't sleeping 1.5 hours during her afternoon nap and going down for bed at 8:15pm. But she was.

I need her nappage. Hopefully next week we'll do better.
Thankfully she is so sweet and makes it all worth it by...

  • singing "ee-I-ee-I" when I sing "Old Mac Donald" (hasn't quite got the "o" part yet)
  • giving me big hugs around the neck
  • saying "Devan" (as in Uncle) and "Thank you"
  • making a really forced sad face to get me to pick her up
  • trying to feed me her food and give me her toys

My little baby is not so much a baby anymore. In just over a week she'll be one. oh. my. goodness.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

She is so cute! I can't believe she will be one already!

And I understand the frustration with the inconsistent napping. SO hard. Hope she goes back to her 1.5 hour naps real soon!

Chris and Christina said...

holy canoly! 1 already? time flies by waaaay too fast and she's just too darn cute!

Jenae said...

Look at that adorable face. So glad you regularly post pics of her. Hopefully she will be back on schedule for sleeping soon. It is no fun to go without sleeping.

katie said...

gettin' so big!!! so cute. i think we need to have a little chat soon- its been a while.

liv's little e-i reminded me that i need to sing and play more age appropriate songs for claire. in the car she was singing 'uh uh ohhh' like in beyonce's "single ladies". i'm such a good parent.