Friday, November 21, 2008

Blackout.

This morning while I was in the shower I completely fainted and woke up on the floor of my bathroom. Lincoln has been in Philadelphia this week for training, so I woke up very confused and scared. I then called my nurse and she asked me a few questions and told me that some women have this happen when they're pregnant.

I had not eaten when I jumped in the shower because I was running late, so I guess my blood-sugar level was just low or something. I was pretty lucky though because 1) I realized the world was getting dark and turned off the water 2) I did not hit my head and only have some bruises.

On Monday I have my 14 week appointment, so I'm glad I can go talk to my doctor and make sure my baby is ok, but I'm pretty sure everything is still going well.

Moral of the story...pregnancy does weird things to your body. Also, I am infinity happy that Lincoln gets home tonight.

3 comments:

lindsay said...

That is really scary! So glad you are ok. The only time I've fainted, I ended up with 10 stitches under my chin!

Katie and joe said...

scary! i need to call you....

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is so scary. That happened to Betsy when she was pregnant with her first...and I have passed out doing sealings in the temple (twice!!). I don't do too many of a time of those anymore. :)