Thursday, September 10, 2009

A debacle.

Lincoln applied for a 2 year international rotation to Qatar (next to Saudi Arabia and Dubai). He had the interview last week and we find out next week if the Middle East group wants him to fill one of the 4 available spots.

We don't know when we would leave or any of the details yet, but those should be coming next week. What I DO know is two years is a long time, Qatar is freaking hot, and I don't know how I feel about it. Part of me thinks it would be pretty crazy and a cool experience (this part is pretty small) and part of me thinks that it would be really hard to leave everything I know (this part is pretty big).

Lincoln is totally stoked at the idea and needless to say I am not exactly on the same page. We decided to put it on the back burner till we find out more next week.

Yikes.

4 comments:

Katie and joe said...

yikes is RIGHT. oh my vindie. if you do leave, can i see you before you are gone for a really long time?

The Conrad Family said...

Okay...first of all...you are brave to consider this move! I am impressed! Secondly, how will I ever meet Miss Livvy if you move there? These are important things to consider!! I am sure you and Lincoln will make the best choice for your family! Good luck and keep me posted! Love you!

Debbie said...

Wow. All I can say is get on your knees for this one.

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

Ahhh! Pretty mind numbing, I'm sure! How crazy would it be that someday Livvy can say she spent the first couple years of her life in Qatar?? I'll be on pins and needles until you guys find out!

BTW, hang in there, girl! I'm so sorry it's busy season for Lincoln. Yuck! Here's my cell: 650-346-7486.