Thursday, January 28, 2010

Love Tank.

Liv is really into breathing in and out her nose while making this face. She's 8 months this week and gets cuter and more fun by the minute.

So I recently read The Five Love Languages mostly because I have noticed that Lincoln and I are on total different wave lengths lately. Welp, the book confirmed it...I'm a Babbling Brook (everything that comes into my eyes and ears comes out my mouth) and I married a Resevoir (everything that comes into his eyes and ears stays there).

Apparently this coupling of Brooks and Resevoirs is normal because everyone's happy: I get to talk and he gets to "reserve". After reading about what we already knew about our personalities, we learned our primary love languages. There are five languages and everyone primarily speaks one (meaning if they didn't have this they wouldn't feel loved).

The chapter about love language numero 2 "Quality Time" was like reading a book written about my conversations with Lincoln. I am that to a T. Lincoln was harder to peg but after taking the quiz he is "Words of Affirmations".

Rats. I am going to have to get mushy gushy and positive. I'm hoping to make some big improvements in the coming months...and years=).

Lincoln is still reading the love book, but we both think it's pretty dang darn good. I'll keep you posted on the Love Tank gauge. One thing is certain, Livvy's a 10 out of 10 most days.

6 comments:

Ryan Nielsen said...

We (well, mostly I) read that a couple of summers ago, and it totally revolutionized how we thought about expressing love to each other. Can't say we're perfect at the follow-through yet, :) but I'm a big fan of the book too. I think there is another written specifically about recognizing your children's love languages. I totally want to read that.

Ryan Nielsen said...

Btw, this is Erica. :)

Brie said...

I just got this in the mail yesterday (though I've read the concepts before)! I also ordered the children one (my sisters really like it) and the apology one because I've heard good things about it and we have problems in that area. Hope it helps you guys and us!

Debbie said...

I LOVE that book. Nick is "acts of service" and I am a mix between "words of affirmation" and "physical touch." Every time an anniversary or birthday rolls around we try to keep these love languages in mind ("TRY" being the key word there). :)

BTW- Livvy is SO CUTE!! I can't believe she is 8 months old already!

Kelli Nicole said...

I've read the married one and the singles one and I love them! Though it was a long time ago so I should probably re-read. Some of my nieces and nephews did that breathing through the nose scrunch-face thing and it was always adorable. She's too cute!

Annie Rosdahl said...

she is so stinking cute! that face is hilarious!! I still need to meet that little kid!