The morning of the 9th I went in for my 38 week check up. My doctor about made me pass out when he told me I was already dilated to a 4 and that the baby was super low. So low in fact that he told me to not call him at home when I went into labor but to be driving to the hospital, so I wouldn't have the baby in the car.
Welp, that freaked me out! Only 5 days earlier I had been 1.5 cm! Livvy and I had a whole day of shopping and park-going planned, but we dodged the errands and started timing contractions. I was having good contractions, but nothing super consistent. Lincoln came home and I went walking at the mall with a friend to get the contractions to come more steadily.
Not wanting to go to bed without knowing how much progress I'd made, we headed to the hospital at about 6 pm.
My doctor came and saw that I had made progress and was almost a 5. He broke my water around 7:30 pm and then the glorious process began.
My contractions were coming, but every time I sat down they would spread out by more and more time. I had to constantly walk the halls and try to get them to come more frequently. Around 9 pm my doctor said I was at 8 cm and he wanted to get me on Pitocin to speed the process up and help my contractions stay consistent.
I was SO nervous for the added pain and less breaks that the Pitocin would cause, but we turned it on. Oh my intense. At first not so much, but the doctor kept upping the dosage and it soon became out of control crazy pain. And I became out of control crazy Vindie.
The last hour from 10-11pm, I thought I was going to die, but at 11 PM I finally felt the need to push so I hopped into bed and with three big pushes Jude came.
I was so relieved to see his little face and bald head! The labor went so much faster and better this time around (minus the added Pitocin pain). I didn't think I was going to do it naturally again, but my doctor was super supportive and having Lincoln and my mom to coach me made a world of a difference.
So far Jude is a chill baby. He looks nothing like is sister and everything like a Rosdahl baby. We love him so much and feel incredibly blessed to have him in our lives now.
1 comment:
Congrats, Vindie! What a sweet addition to your cute little family! I think I might just need more pictures where I can see his cute bald head. He's adorable!
Post a Comment