Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Fleming 4.

The past three weeks have gone by so fast! I'm getting used to life with two kids and thankfully most days Jude is super chill. Night time is another story. He has had a few rough ones. I don't think you ever get used to not really sleeping.
Second time around though with a baby has been 210398120983 times less stressful than the first. I'm pretty sure we didn't let Livvy cry for more than 2 seconds for the first three weeks of her life. Now with Jude I know he can cry for a minute and be fine. Usually he has to deal for a bit because I'm helping Livvy in the bathroom or getting her breakfast or something.

Sometimes Livvy has to deal without her every need being fullfilled "RIGHT NOW" (a phrase she has picked up) because I'm nursing or changing Jude.

She is doing ok considering the huge change her life has undergone. She is a bit emotional and sometimes clingy to me or Lincoln, but overall she is a great big sister. She loves to throw away Jude's diapers and always is so excited to see him awake.

Every morning she asks to hold Jude and says in a high pitch voice "He's sooooo cuuuute!" She loves to give him kisses and always asks if she can "go look at Jude".

Lincoln's busy season has been pretty mellow so far, and I have been SO blessed with wonderful family and friends that have helped me so much! I would die without my mom and sisters to play with Livvy and hold Jude so I can sleep during the day.

Overall, life is good and I'm loving my "little buddy". Jude is already looking older and starting to hold his head up. He's a sweet boy and we love having him around. =)

6 comments:

Chris and Christina said...

I just love your little family, though it's not so little anymore! What a great, helpful, and sweet big sister! Aren't these little boys just so darling? I love it. Glad you are getting some sleep.

Rebecca & Jeff said...

I feel like i haven't seen you guys in a year! I am dying without you guys and feel like I have missed so much! Em's runny nose is pretty much gone so we will have to play hard next week. Or at least us and livvy and then you can sleep hard. Seriously, those sleepless nights are the worst. You are one amazing mommy!

Liz said...

Hope those nights get better. Livvy is so big and grown up being all helpful and a big sis! Thank goodness for family!

Debbie said...

Aw, he is so adorable. And I love the name. I'm glad you have lots of help! It is SO HARD being sleep deprived and having two little ones with very different needs. I hope his nights get better soon! Congrats again!

Jenae said...

Love the blog posts. So glad Jude and you are doing well. Miss you all so much.

katie said...

thats it. i am coming to see you. can't stand this anymore. i'm so over not getting to see your little ones. and you.

by the way, adorable.