Sunday, April 19, 2009

Heee heee heee hooo

Lincoln and I went to a birthing class yesterday and Friday night.  It was really great. I was worried that 3 hours on Friday and then 5 hours on Saturday would be too much, however most of it was really helpful.  

I think both of us felt much more prepared for what is going to happen within the next month.  Our teacher was a professional doula and had SO much helpful advice.  I am trying to have the baby without any medication and Lincoln has finally realized why and is very supportive.  (Disclaimer: I want to try without medicine, but I have never had a baby before and if the pain is too much or if the situation demands I will do anything to get the baby here safe and sound.)

The class was really helpful and went over breathing and relaxation techniques.  I liked most of the ideas, but Lincoln and I are definitely going to have to have to go with the flow and decide what's best in the moment. 

At the end of the class the teacher had us answer questions separately and then share them with eachother. 

One of the questions was "What will you miss most about you (or your wife) being pregnant?"

Lincoln wrote "Having a cute little pregnant wife to take care of."

I lucked out big time with him. 

5 comments:

Jonie Marie said...

Thanks for updating, but you are missing one vital piece.....an updated photo!!!! My mom wants to see how much you have blossomed. (me too) :)

The Conrad Family said...

For the record, the breathing does help if you can get calm enough to do it...but...I LOVE epidurals! Kudos to you if you can do it naturally! Anything to get that little one here!! Hope things are going well! Good luck! And I agree with Jonie...get a big preggo picture one here! I need to see it!!

Kelsey & David Barber said...

Vindie!! I can't figure out if you are my hero for trying to give birth naturally or a lunatic! Since I haven't had any babies myself I will say you are my hero!! I can't imagine it, but I know you are a determined girl so you will do great. How is life and all going? Give me a call sometime so we can catch up! See ya cute pregnant girl!

Chris and Christina said...

What a cute little hubby. and you are going to be the greatest mom ever! I am so happy for you. I will be in England when it happens but i need to hear all the details about it someday. Love you!

Jenae said...

It is so close I can't believe it! Good luck!