Wednesday, March 17, 2010

You make me smile.

Today has been a little rough. Not bad, just a little rocky.

So I thought about one of my favorite moments with my sweets. We had been dating a while and he was sure that he wanted to marry me and I was on the fence. I kept going back and forth. I also kept talking to him about going back and forth.

Finally he got to his breaking point and told me over the phone we should go on a break. I was walking out of the library and he had just hung up. I was just about to start crying with the realization that we were probably over when I looked up and there he was.

Smiling (like always).

He looked at me like he really loved me and told me he didn't want to go on a break. He said he couldn't when he saw me make that "I'm about to start bawling" face.

I am so glad that he saw me and that we have been married for almost 2 1/2 years. And that on rough days like today I can look back and still feel the butterflies.

6 comments:

Amanda Fetters said...

That is so incredibly sweet.

Charli said...

Awww. So cute. I love you guys. Also, I miss your face...s.

Unknown said...

Its so nice that when you have a rocky that you can look back on times like that and smile. I hope your day gets better!

The Conrad Family said...

Now that is sweet....I should try that sometime!

Christi said...

Loved it! Gave me goosebumps!

Kelsey & David Barber said...

Oh I totally remember that story! Vindie I miss you! Call me sometime lady. Livvy is adorable. Tell Lincoln hi for me. Good luck with this tax season. Love ya.