Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Because it's busy season...

I'm sitting here in front of why-am-I-watching-this summer T.V. shows waiting for the hubs to come home from his long day at work.

Today it was really hot and it seems to be getting hotter as the night settles in. Liv and I went to Danville (a normal mid-week occurance) and went to the pool for 30 minutes. She loves the water, but what she loves more than water is getting out of the baby pool then taking a step off the edge back into the pool with no hesitation. The baby pool felt more like a big bath tub, so that game quickly lost its luster and we left.

Lately, I have a bit of extra time in the day. Liv was waking up at 5:00 AM the last week, so by about 8:00 AM I had fed her breakfast, cleaned her up, cleaned the kitchen, made the bed, started the laundry, and vaccumed the living room. While productive, this left my day quite open. Do you ever delay cleaning a toilet just so you'll have the pure joy of cleaning it later in the day? I do.

Don't get my wrong my free time seems to go somewhere with park outings and library trips and the occasional Target perusing. We stay busy, but around 7 pm I hunker down in my living room and run out of steam and wait for Lincoln. I got a book the other day, which should be a good distraction, except I really don't like hearing my neighbors creeking around upstairs and the cats screeching outside while I sit alone in a silent house. So I flip on the tube and end up right where I started with the lame-o T.V. and waiting. Anyway, this post has taken up approximately 5 minutes of the waiting so thank you.

Here's the babe, just for kicks.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Jake just started another year of law school so I do this same exact thing! Can't wait for the fall tv to start. =)