Thursday, September 16, 2010

Mom jeans.


I feel like after I had Livvy my clothes and sense of personal appearance went out the door and around the block. Maybe it was sooner. Maybe it was when I was so big only potato-sack looking dresses would cover my body. In any case it was lost to spit-up shirts and sweats.

Recently I took stock of my jean collection and realized that I owned one pair of jeans that actually fit me, next pair are the I wore-them-while-pregnant loosy goosy jeans, and my third favorite are mom-jeans, high waist and perfect with a pink polo from GAP.

Those are the top three people. Booo. So on a quiet afternoon I ventured out and bought 2 new pairs of jeans. Not mom jeans, but SKINNIES. Bow chicka wow!

After 15 months, I'm finding time to actually look at what I wear to the grocery store and park.
And I tell you what that cereal aisle is going to be blown away by my new jeans.

8 comments:

Lacy said...

Vindie!! This post had me rolling! Miss you guys :)

Allison Rosdahl said...

Wahoo! Way to go! Although, you have ALWAYS looked cute anyways! :)

Katie and joe said...

vindie i don't think that anything you could ever put on would make you look like you were wearing mom jeans.

but i totally relate. after the rest of this baby weight comes off there will be new jeans to be had!

Kelsey & David Barber said...

Girl if anyone can rock skinnies, it is you Miss Vindie! Gap has the cutest ones too. You tell Lincoln you need a monthly shopping budget. You deserve it.

Laura said...

Too funny!

You are definitely one to look HOT in the skinny jeans! If I attempted it, society at large would request that I go back to the mom jeans. :)

Debbie said...

Yes, you can definitely pull off wearing skinny jeans! I bet you look great. Isn't it amazing that a new piece of clothing makes you feel so good?

Hansen said...

Ha ha! That's awesome! I'm with ya there. I feel like Ihave been a total frump since pregnancy. But, I recently got a perm and am hoping to do some birthday shopping this weekend and find out what exactly is in style these days. :)

Rachel Allen said...

You are hilarious! So true though - Mom's have a definite wardrobe that is made for rough times.