But, I've been thinking sometimes all of the good things we do, add more stress than needed on such a simple and beautiful holiday. I can't imagine the stress of buying presents for kids who actually have expectations. My little miss has no idea what's going on and yet somehow this year has been a little stressful trying to find the "perfect" gifts for her.
Today in church I was talking to the kids about how the shepherds and wise men would have approached baby Jesus. (I was trying to get them to stop jumping around and be reverent.) So, I told them to kneel down on the floor and sing Away In A Manger to their little "babies".
It really made me think. I love all of the Santa, Christmas trees, snowman, lights, baking, stockings, presents, and decorations. But how often do I remember what a sacred day this is to commemorate the birth of my Savior. I hope that we can all find a way to feel the absolute reverence of Christmas, me especially included. Whether it's in the smiles of family members or prayers answered, I hope we can feel the true miracle that is Jesus Christ. 

No comments:
Post a Comment