We started by waking up at 3:30 (in the MORNING!) and got out on the road by 4 am. Our thinking was that we would get a head start with Livvy sleeping for the first few hours. Welp...that didn't go over like we planned.
The night before we had been packing and I told Livvy we were going on a trip. So as soon as Lincoln set her in her car seat she opened her eyes and smiled and said "Going on a trip!" She stayed awake, smiling and talking about the trip until 5:30 AM! She finally did fall asleep only to sleep for 45 minutes and wake up yelling "WAKE UP MOMMY!" After a few movies and a couple of tantrums we made it to Utah Friday night.
The night before we had been packing and I told Livvy we were going on a trip. So as soon as Lincoln set her in her car seat she opened her eyes and smiled and said "Going on a trip!" She stayed awake, smiling and talking about the trip until 5:30 AM! She finally did fall asleep only to sleep for 45 minutes and wake up yelling "WAKE UP MOMMY!" After a few movies and a couple of tantrums we made it to Utah Friday night.
Dillon and Skye were married on Saturday. It has been so neat for me to be at all three of my brothers' weddings. As a kid Dillon was always my best buddy. I can't believe the kid I used to play Lego's with every Sunday afternoon is married. I am so proud of the choices he has made in his life that allowed him to be sealed in the temple.
Every hour of our 28 hours of driving this weekend were worth it to be there with my brother and my family. Livvy loved snuggling with her Papa and Mama and playing with her aunts and uncles every morning. Today when we got in the car she said "Go to the hotel?"
Sadly, we did not drive back to Utah to go the hotel, but thankfully the people that made the hotel fun live 20 minutes away. I love my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment