Friday, September 16, 2011

Nice thought.

So Lincoln called me at 4 pm yesterday and blew my socks off saying he was on his way home (thank you September 15th deadline).

After I picking him up from BART, Livvy insisted we hit the park. Lincoln thought that sounded great and I thought ok lets try spontaneous. However, Livvy needed to use the facilities and Jude would probably need to nurse soon. But ok, lets do a 10 minute park outing.

While enroute to the park we drove through the farmer's market. Genius! Lets do dinner and the market! By this point its 5:45 and Jude is SCREAMING. So I suggest lets just run home and get ready and then go to the market.

Such a nice thought.

We get home and after bribing Livvy with candy convince her to get out of the car, she starts crying. We finally make it inside and the smallest task of getting a jacket on Livvy sets her off again. Lincoln's dealing with a kicking, crying 2 year old and I'm trying to change a screaming newborn.

We surrender and stay home.

...we flip on "Ice Age" and soon the chaos is over and we have happy kids again.


So are we spontaneous? Nope. Do we run the show? No. No, we don't. But drinking hot chocolate and watching a movie together with happy kids made me realize that sometimes our simple, predictable life is a good one.

And maybe the next time we want to do something spontaneous we just need to plan it.

1 comment:

beth said...

You are too cute! I miss seeing you in primary! Hope you all are healthy soon!!