Saturday night was just what I needed.
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf spoke to the women of our church. I felt like I was sitting in my living room having a conversation with him. His message was exactly what I needed to hear.
I loved the entire talk, but needed to be reminded to "forget not to be happy now" the most.
The past few weeks have been rough and I've found myself thinking after my eye is better or once Livvy is better then I'll be happy again. If I can make through this week then I can handle it.
I've realized after listening to the talk how many things I am blessed with every day.
"Don't close your eyes and hearts to the simple and elegant beauties of each day's ordinary moments that make up a rich well-lived life."
My ordinary moments over the past few days have been:
-Jude smiling at me and trying to "talk" to me
-Livvy walking around in her "beautiful pink dress" (a poofy princess dress)
-Jude looking over to Livvy when she talks
-Seeing Livvy's eyes light up when I tell her we're going to Grandma's
-Livvy's guilty smile after she ate the pasta off of my plate when I went to go get Jude
I hope that I can recognize these moments each day and remember that while much of being a mom is sacrifice there are a thousand tiny moments that make it all worth it.
4 comments:
Hang in there, Vindie! I think the first little while with a second child can be madness(!), but it gets much, much better and more FUN! Plus, enjoying the now will help too - great idea!
I know how you feel. It must be in the air because I've got a serious case of the "worries" and really knee to be happy NOW. looking forward to Conference for a big spiritual boost :)
*need. (darn cell phone auto correct!)
Wasn't that the best talk? It was exactly what I needed as well. Life with two kiddos is tough! I loved reading your list of the little moments your enjoying now. I definitely need to make one of my own! So thanks for the idea. :)
Post a Comment