Saturday, October 23, 2010

Monterey.

For Lincoln's birthday a few weeks ago, I gave him a ticket for a weekend away in Monterey with me =). Mama #2 offered to watch the little apple of my eye, while we enjoyed being just the two of us again. (Liv calls me and my mom Mama).
We stayed in the Gosby Inn just a few blocks from the beach. I loved staying in a B&B. Holy cuteness! The flower wallpaper, bed spread, and curtains were everything I had hoped! We were upgraded to a sweet room complete with a patio and fireplace. The inn was built in the late 1800s and had so much more charm than your cookie cutter hotel.
After we checked in we rented two bikes and road along the coast. It was beautiful and perfect weather.
Before dinner we walked on the beach and found star fish on a rock. I LOVE the beach when it's cold! I guess being a Bay Area native does that to you. I loved every minute of it.
That night we went out to a sweet restaurant. The next day we hit up the aquarium with some pretty awesome exhibits. Lincoln almost dove in to pet the bat rays. It took me a good 15 minutes to convince him to leave.
It was so nice to be able to hold hands and not have the Liv with us (nevermind the times I called to check on my bebe). But seriously, we had such a great time and felt like we were on our honeymoon again.

8 comments:

Chris and Christina said...

Well we don't have a baby around but sure do love the weekend getaways where you do feel like newlyweds. It's awesome. Glad you had a fun trip!

Katie and joe said...

i smiled about liv calling your mom mamma. for a long time i was mom and my mom was "mom-mom" to claire. you two look so cute!

Rebecca & Jeff said...

So glad you got to do this! It really is so needed after kids. I cant wait to hear all about it!!

Liz said...

What a cute little place. So glad you had a nice time away!

Allison Rosdahl said...

That sounds so fun! I want to stay in that B&B! cute!

Jenae said...

Vindie - I love your pictures!! Clayton and I just got our family pictures taken as well (although they seem more like engagement photos since we have no baby). I am so glad you and Lincoln took a weekend to celebrate his birthday. Happy end to October 15th!!

Debbie said...

What a perfect little get-away! Glad you had some fun couple time. :)

Californiutahan said...

You'll have to come back sometime and we can meet up somewhere! :D We'd love to see you!