So most of you already know that I am pregnant, but I'd thought I'd share the road we took to get here.
When Livvy was 7 months old I was ready to start trying. I thought it would be nice to have two kids close together and only having one left me with some extra time. I love being a mom and was ready to start adding to our (hopefully) large brood.
Months went by and no luck. More months went by and no luck. I weaned Livvy in July and still no luck. Each month was really hard for me. Each month that passed was another month that suggested something wasn't right. I began to worry about fertility. I called a doctor in November and he put my mind at ease and told me that sometime when moms nurse (very frequently) their body emits a hormone that inhibits them from getting pregnant. This made me feel much better. Livvy was a big fan of nursing (day and night), so maybe there was still hope.
Day after day we prayed. And month after month I was sad. I was frustrated. Lincoln is the master of all patience and was so comforting throughout the whole process. He told me he had felt that we just needed to wait longer and that in time we would have a baby.
I doubted, when every month Lincoln said...next month will be it. One day we were driving home from BART and I told him I felt like I needed a blessing. He gave me one of the most special blessings of my life and helped me feel loved by my Heavenly Father.
Then, one morning a week before Christmas, Lincoln told me to go take a test. I closed my eyes as I waited for the results. So many times a negative and I didn't want to see it again. Then when I opened them...the blessed positive! Livvy didn't understand why I was crying and Lincoln just looked at me like he already knew it was going to be positive.
I know this baby is such a blessing. I know that so many other couples have harder stories and unhappy endings. I am so grateful for prayers, for the priesthood, and for my Heavenly Father.
I know that we have p-r-a-y-e-d this baby here and I cannot wait to meet him/her in August.
8 comments:
Congrat, Vindie! You guys are amazing parents :) Glad to see a little one joining soon!
Congratulations Vindie! I am so excited for you! The waiting game is finally over...woohoo!!!!!!
Sorry you had to go through that whole process. You are definitely a stronger person now! Can't wait to meet the little one!
Those difficult times sure make the blessing more sweet! We are so happy for your little family! Congrats again! We love you!
So excited for you guys! Can't wait to find out what you are having. Miss you!
Congratulations, you guys! I'm sorry you had to go through that. It sounds stressful and discouraging. But at least the waiting finally paid off! Congrats again!
So happy for you, and Leah is so excited to have a new cousin!
so you are 9 weeks now? is that right? and you already know that I'm so so so so happy for you! we'll have to have a baby reunion after this upcoming summer. So excited :)
Post a Comment