Monday, February 21, 2011

A good read...

I loved this book! It is very Jane Austen-ish and keeps you guessing until the very last chapter. The heroine is a strong character and one that is easy to like. I love having a book to read and over the past few days have been totally engrossed. The only problem in reading it so much is that now it is over and I have to find another book.

I love reading a good book. It makes me stay up too late and probably ignore other demands on my time but it is a great escape from everything.

We are officially entering busy season, so I'm determined to try to read more and not get sucked into watching LAME T.V. shows late at night.

Any recommendations?

6 comments:

Shelli said...

Are you on Goodreads.com? If not, you should be. You can get a lot of recommendations from there.

Have you read: These Is My Words, or anything from Eva Ibbotson or DeeAnne Gist is good.

Anonymous said...

The Girl with the Pearl Earring was a great one I just read. Can't remember the author. Also, I loved the Hunger Games series if you haven't read these yet.

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

Goodreads.com is a huge help.

I'm totally going to check this out. We're in the thick of busy season too, and it's been too long since I picked up a good book. I have a love/hate (but mostly love) relationship with reading - I always feel bad when I let everything else go by the wayside for a few days! But during busy season, we widows deserve it! :)

Debbie said...

I've already been sucked into lame TV shows so thank you for recommending this book! It sounds like it's right up mu ally and will give me the motivation I need to turn off the TV! :)

Nicki said...

I definitely agree about Goodreads.com. I especially love looking at friends' lists on there and seeing what they've read. There's a series of books by Ally Carter called the Gallagher Girls series (the first one is called "I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You") that I really liked. They're about a girls' spy academy, and they were just a really fun read.

Rachel Allen said...

Some of my latest favorites:
Hunger Games
The Help
Writing on the Wall Series (Dean Hughes - LDS author)