After feeling a little kick in the pants from General Conference this weekend, Livvy and I had a little family home evening.
We sang her favorite songs including If Your Happy and You know it! and I am a Child of God. Then we looked at pictures of Jesus and a family praying. She pointed a pictures and we talked about praying. She also is learning to say "Prophet!" so we closed our 5 minute lesson by singing Follow the Prophet. She really loved doing little following motions with me and kept wanting to sing it.
Even though it only lasted about 10 minutes, I'm so glad we did it! She really is soaking everything in. Just last night we read (looked at pictures) in her scriptures and we were talking about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. Lincoln and I kept trying to get her to say Book of Mormon, but she just stared at us.
Today she was playing in her room and she grabbed her scripture book and said very clearly "Book of Mormon!". I think sometimes even though she doesn't seem to be listening, she is. And seeing her learn the gospel, even in its most simplest form, is so sweet.
1 comment:
She is adorable. I loved your FHE...maybe we'll copy you for this next Monday. April 15th is just around the corner...!
Post a Comment