Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thoughts.

Well, it's 10:33pm and Lincoln is still at the office. Today was a cleaning-stay-at-home day. Being alone with a baby all day is so different then going to work. It's so great and wonderful, but it also has some challenges that I did not expect.

I find most days (especially lately) trying to fill up the hours in my day. Lately baking and cooking have taken some of the void. I also clean...I never thought I would be grateful to have a toilet to clean, but I am.

The transition from a full-time student, to a full-time employee to a mom has been insane. I am constantly reminded of President Uchtdorf's talk about creating. If I make a clean room, chocolate chip cookies, or make Livvy laugh I feel better, happier.

Life is crazy. Every phase of life has it's challenges and I guess through all of them we just try to find happiness in the small things.

Today's small things were a clean baby and bedroom.

5 comments:

Amanda Fetters said...

Can I get an AMEN! Routines are seriously what save me from insanity every. single. day. We go to the same 2 parks at the same times, go on errands at the same time, have lunch and naps and a movie and dinner and baths at the same time.... it makes the days go by a little faster because I'm not staring at my kids, wondering what to do w/ them next. The other thing I found that helps me is to change my idea of what it means to have a productive day - just like you said about Pres. U's talk (wasn't that just the greatest?!). To-do lists are a whole different animal from the pre-kid days!

Debbie said...

I completely know where you are coming from. Its so hard having the husbands gone all day. Especially when you feel like you are never getting any "you time." Sometimes I just crave just having someone to talk to because of being in the house all day. Lincolns close to being done with his busy time though right? I'm sorry...hang in there.

Kelsey & David Barber said...

Vindie you are awesome! I know how it is with the husband being gone alot, but I can't imagine being alone all day. I wish we lived close! I bet you will be the best cook ever now with all your practice. Call me anytime cute girl. Love ya.

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

I agree completely - It is a HUGE adjustment, one you just can't anticipate beforehand. At first I was actually jealous when I'd see people post on facebook that they were so happy and relieved it was Friday, because ALL my days start to feel the same, especially during busy season. Plus, it's easy to miss that feeling of accomplishment you get at work or school. But your attitude is great - our accomplishments have just changed a little. :) And it's well worth it!

Rachel Allen said...

I hear you. Staying at home has been harder for me than teaching school. Although I love it, I have to have a list of "projects" to fill my time. I'll be honest, some days are kind of boring and I don't really know what to do, but I'm glad it's me home with McKay and not someone else.