So last night I held out for 2 hours...then Lincoln and I gave in and I held my sweetie and she fell asleep next to me while playing with my face and arms. Her sweet little eyes were swollen from crying and she seriously wouldn't stop smiling after we held her. I wanted to hold her all night.
Lincoln and I both don't think it's the time and perhaps it's not the way to do it. Last night as I lay between my little baby and sweet hubby...I realized life doesn't get much better. I know Livvy can't sleep in our bed forever and eventually we will get her in her crib but we're going to find a process that works for her and us.
I appreciate all of the advice I have been given and think that we will try to be creative so that Livvy feels loved and safe.
Look at that sweet smile! She's got us eating out of the palm of her hand!
5 comments:
I don't blame you at all. How could you say no to that face? Hopefully as she grows up she won't realize how much power her smile has!
I'm working on sleep training Hazel too. She sleeps well at night in her crib but is struggling with naps. A friend of mine recommended the book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" by Marc Weissbluth. So far I've really liked it. It goes through both no cry and cry it out methods and one in between and tells you how to use either or a mixture to help your baby. It seems like a good balance for me. I can't stand to listen to Hazel cry either!
She is so sweet! A lot of what you said is just how I feel, too. Lizzy slept with us for 4 months and didn't have a problem transitioning to her crib full-time, and at the time I thought 4 months was plenty long enough for all of us. By the time I was pregnant with Maren, I was SO EXCITED to sleep with my baby again!! And I am loving it even more this time - maybe because this time I know how quickly it comes to an end. Besides, I don't think it will be so easy this time around since I have been night-nursing M in bed...
totally know how you feel. make it work for you! i couldn't take more than 45 minutes. i felt like a bad mom. in the end, she had to tell us she wanted to go to bed on her own, there was no forcing it. it happened when we couldn't keep her swaddled any more. i didn't let her sleep in our bed too much, but most nights she started in her crib after nursing. and then i was too tired to nurse in a chair in the middle of the night and we would both fall asleep while she was nursing in bed. and the staying up late thing.... (claire was a total night owl!) what worked for us was getting a routine going, and then starting the routine a few minutes earlier each night. we did bath, eat one more time and read a book, and then she has her couple of animals and blankies that stay in her crib ONLY so that she would associate sleep with the things in her bed. ahhh i wrote a novel. i'll call ya tomorrow.
Vindie---
Your good parents!!! It isn't easy to have your children be away from you. Brian works night and I still have Jenna and James in our room when he is working. Jenna has goes into her room really well when Brian is off a couple nights a week. But James is only 1 year and is doing okay but struggles with be alone at night. The crib is okay for him during his day naps but nights are really scary for him. Keep trying and you will know what is best for your family, it's parents revelations.
Post a Comment