Friday, July 22, 2011

The poop whisperer



Uncensored potty training talk will follow. Readers' discretion is advised.

Livvy started potty training right before we left for Utah and is doing wonderfully.

With some help from her two poop whisperers.


Lincoln and I have developed the unique ability to talk her through getting her to actually put stuff in her potty. In the beginning of this glorious patience-testing experience she would sit for what seemed like forever waiting for something to happen. In an effort to not spend our entire day in the bathroom we began making the experience an exciting one. Telling her we could "see" the stuff coming and that the stuff wanted to go swimming.

This worked for a while. Then, we had to get creative.

We began discussing the stuff that came out and how it was going to go down the "tunnel". She names stuff and then seems thrilled to send them on a trip down to see their friends.

...



Are you cringing yet? Cause I am.

All I know is that she going in the potty and I'm throwing "potty parties" daily complete with party hats and every one of her baby dolls.

Being a parent does weird things to you

3 comments:

Katie and joe said...

i freaking love you.

Debbie said...

Haha! Cute post. Being diaper-free is so liberating (for both of you). Glad she's doing so well...and just in time! ;)

Rebecca & Jeff said...

HAHAHAHA!! I cannot believe you haven't told me this before! HILARIOUS!! She is doing an awesome job, so I guess whatever works. I'm going to have to keep that in mind for my kids. lol. Love it!