
Life without going to work is pretty different. Over the past four days I have cleaned the bathrooms, swept all of the floors, vacuumed every room, made banana bread, organized the cleaning supplies, put together the baby swing, and made jam (with my mom's help).
Now it is Thursday and I am running out of things to clean and cook. I have resorted to doing my brother's laundry.
I am getting more and more anxious for the baby. I am also realizing that being at home (albeit I don't have the kid yet) is A LOT different than going to work. I am trying to find ways to keep me busy and I know that the baby will definitely help in that area. I just think that no matter what this is a different kind of work that is kind of tough.
I do like the feeling I get after I make my house look better or after I cook a good dinner for the boys, but it has been an adjustment.
I don't want to complain because I know we are lucky to be able to have me stay home . And I have a project in the works for a former boss that I can hopefully start next week and continue once the baby has made her debut.
So overall life is good, just different. I can't wait for the challenges and joys this baby will bring!
3 comments:
I can't believe it - 17 days to go!!!!!! I am so happy for you. I am like you in that I love having a clean house and having a good meal on the table. It makes me feel like I am in control of my life and organized. Good luck with the delivery!
The calm before the storm eh? haha I remember having about 3 weeks to before Toby came to just organize, and clean, and cook. It was so much fun but then, like you, I ran out of things to do and kind of got bored. It is weird not having a job huh? Anyway, I just want to say I am SO excited for you and I just know she will be as beautiful as you! Can't wait to see the pics!
I did what you did and took about a week off before I had Tucker, I had my mom there and I totally took advantage of it, I knew that I was going to have many sleepless nights ahead of me, as well as a 24/7 job so I tired to rest up. I also did a few fun things I knew I wasnt going to be able to do for a while, like floated in the great salt lake and hiked at millerwoods. Enjoy this last little time to yourself, babies are worth EVERYTHING, but having time to yourself take on a whole new meaning when you dont have it very often. Good luck and let me know if you need anythinG!
Post a Comment